• Lectures from academics at the universities of Exeter and Bristol on topics including Women in Homer, The Minoans, Pompeii and Euripides.
• A wide range of option groups on set texts, teaching techniques, language tuition and general interest topics
• Talks by the Cambridge School Classics Project, Bristol Classics Hub and the Devon Archaeological Society
• A trip to the Royal Albert Memorial Museum in Exeter and a walk around the city's Roman walls
• Entertainment including a quiz and the ARLT songbook, and lots more!
Blundell's is easily accessible by car and train. By car, it is 6 minutes from Junction 27 of the M5. It is also a 6 minute journey away from Tiverton Parkway on the Paddington to Penzance mainline, and a shuttlebus will be available for arrivals and departures.
Blundell's School is located in the heart of the West Country, an idyllic setting in the rolling Devon hills with easy access to National Parks and some of the best coastline in Britain. Why not extend your visit to this area and make it part of your summer holiday?
Sleeping accommodation is in single or twin study bedrooms with washbasins and shared bathrooms. All meals and refreshments are included in the course cost. Facilities include tennis courts, swimming pool and bar.
Online booking will open shortly and the link will be posted here. Alternatively, you can complete and return the booking form with your deposit to the Summer School Secretary.
There is a reduced cost for first timers and PGCE students, and bursaries are available on request. Please see the booking form for further details. The bursaries offered for the Summer School are made possible through a grant from the Classical Association. We thank them for their kind and invaluable support.
Contact the Summer School Director, Lauren Bright, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Officers of ARLT|
|Reading Competition 2021|
|Read it Right|
|The Perse Plays|
|new classroom Latin|
|Classical Reading Group|
|Artefacts for the classroom|
|2016 Ratcliffe College|
|2015 Haberdashers Monmouth|
|2014 St John's Durham|
|2013 Roehampton University|
|2012 Moreton Hall|
|2011 Charterhouse School|
|NC Latin grade descriptors|
|Common Entrance links|